Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board (http://boatips.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://boatips.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Lost Izzie (http://boatips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14567)

IzzieMonster 06-27-2011 08:02 PM

Lost Izzie

Does anybody want to share some lost and found snake stories with me?? I've had Izzie for ~4 years or so, and I've never lost him like this before. I had a party last night with about 8 ppl over. He was last seen headed toward the couch. I stayed up ~ 3 hours looking for him and gave up when I decided that he must be in the framing of the couch. Woke up today, ripped the bottom liner off and to my surprise... He wasn't in there. I've spent the morning searching the house anywhere/anything that he could get into and still no luck. This isn't the first time he's ever 'run off', but I can usually find him within about 20 minutes of creative searching. However, my creative juices have run dry and I am beginning to give up hope at this point. I've checked his 'hot spots' and even places that I've always thought that he would eventually find/hide in. Nothing. I've called my friends and had them check their bags - still nothing. I know that nobody would take him from me, these ppl don't even like snakes enough to hold them, yet alone take them from me on purpose. I'm just worried that maybe he got out of the house some how or accidently snuggled up in someones purse and now he could be lost in someone elses house. (maybe this is just being paranoid, but I have nothing left to go on)
Anyway, any stories that yall could share or even advice that could make me feel better would be muchly appreciated.

DodoBird27 06-27-2011 08:15 PM

That's got to be the worst feeling in the world, I can't even imagine. D: Don't give up hope though. There are plenty of people, I think snuffles was one of them, who have found their lost snakes a few weeks later just cruising through the house. Just keep checking his favorite spots every few hours and every where else you can think of.
If you still haven't found him by tonight lay out some flour in some places so you will know if he moves around at night and you can at least be reassured that he is still around. Good luck, I hope you find him.

lovesnuffles 06-27-2011 10:13 PM

That's rough!! But on the bright side, at least Izzie is a big snake. It shouldn't take too long to find a snake that size. All the ones I've ever lost have been itty bitties and that's HELL to look for!! x.x I doubt he escaped from the house though, but just in case, don't sell your car ;) Lol, there was a story all over the news out here. This lady had bought a used car and while she was in the drive thru, out popped this snake head. It was the long lost pet of the people who owned the car before. Thankfully, the lady didn't cause an accident with her crazy rantings of a giant viscious rattlesnake in her car and the ball python was safely returned to its owners. I just get a kick out of that story and it makes me wanna go out and buy used cars ... What are the odds?!

IzzieMonster 06-28-2011 12:29 AM

Thanks Dodo. It just doesn't feel right. I feel like I've checked everything multiple times and it doesn't make any sense. I know that snake better then anyone else and it's never been this stressful... I always find him! I went to the pet store and set up some live bait in the hallway hoping to draw him out from wherever he is. IDK if this is a good plan or not but anything is better then nothing at this point.

Snuffles, that's soo funny :) And you know what... that's what I'm the most worried about. This guy that came over last night had his gym bag unzipped and sitting out on the floor. I almost think that Izzie crawled up into his bag and the dude left without knowing Izzie was with him. I called him this morning and asked him to check his car. I'm worried that Izzie might have crawled back out as soon as he got in the car. (he does this in my purse all the time) The guy checked everything and said he's not there (but he's also not a snake owner and I don't think he is qualified to do an adequate job, lol).

Anyway, Ill keep my fingers crossed and just hope that he shows back up any minute. In the mean time, keep the stories coming. I'm heartbroken without my Izzie and I could used the support

lovesnuffles 06-28-2011 12:53 PM

Did you check the laundry? o.o

Would that guy perhaps allow you to check his car?

IzzieMonster 06-28-2011 06:30 PM

Probably, but he keeps telling me that he would know if he left my house with the snake. I'm gonna give it a couple more days and if he still doesn't show up, then I think ill ask him if I can come check. He knows to keep a look out for him so maybe Izzie will just come out soon. I miss him soo much... I feel like a terrible owner :(

lovesnuffles 06-28-2011 06:51 PM

Aww, it's not your fault the silly booger went missing. Sometimes they just love to see us have miniature heart attacks

raptor667 06-29-2011 02:31 AM

It happens and usually just down to a silly mistake. Queenie has escaped twice...First time she was under the Sofa and the second time she was behind her viv...both times she had not moved more than 6ft.

Knowing how royals are your best chance to find him is after dark. Try putting flour down around areas you think he might have gone and check for drag marks regularly.....

Best of luck...

barberspython 06-29-2011 04:11 AM

my experience

Medusa has escaped several times, albeit I have not had friends over at the time. I have found her under my bed, between the box springs, under the stove, in the downstairs closet. She is a stinker and loves to give her "mom" a heart attack. I'm sorry to hear about your problem. How big is she? Medusa is a ball python, 3.5 feet. Therefore, it limits where she can hide.
:cool:

IzzieMonster 06-29-2011 03:02 PM

Izzie is about 40-43 inches by now. He loves to run away and make me look for him. It's the only game that we get to play... I always find him. My bf of 6 years is terrible at the game. He puts in ~5 minutes and gives up (lol). Sunday night was the first and only time that I ever had to give up and finally go to bed. He's never been out of his tank while we are sleeping until now.

I have ripped this house apart over and over again thinking that I am going to find him and still no luck. He's a pretty big snake and I know how he likes to settle down. He doesn't like to hang or grip onto anything. He's a lazy, he likes to put an emince amount of effort into getting somewhere, then curls up into a comfey position and lays there until I find him. I'm loosing hope at this point.

All I can hope for now is that he just pops up out of nowhere when he's ready. I am sure it's going to happen when I least expect it... if it ever happens at all. All I can wish for is that he is in the apartment and that he is somewhere safe. Thanks again for the support. I'll keep y'all posted.