Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board (http://boatips.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://boatips.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Make your snake famous - Send us your favorite pics (http://boatips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1246)

lovesnuffles 04-08-2008 01:42 PM

I want a terrarium like tmmpin's for whitey D=

tmmpin 04-09-2008 10:06 AM

That one I got lucky with, a friend of mine had it and decided it was too big. She sold it to me dirt cheap.
To build something like that probably cost around 300 dollars.

I built a snake rack over the weekend, I will try to post some pictures of it up as soon as I get time to take them.
Also hopefully will be posting some pictures of the Snake show in Indy this coming weekend.

lovesnuffles 04-09-2008 01:39 PM

Well, I've got people who would be able to build that for way cheaper. Maybe even as a birthday or Christmas present ...... Hmmm ....

But I can't get it until after college anyway when I move out >w<

Hmmm ... Snake show ... That's very interesting O.o What's it like? Or, well, I can imagine it'd be like a Chicken Show with a lot less noise and a lot less mess .... >.> I used to take Agriscience D= Leave me be! I like chickens ;.;

tmmpin 04-09-2008 10:10 PM

One that size, all the wood and everything adds up fast. The plexi-glass isn't cheap either.
The rack I just got done building cost me around 80 dollars so far. I still got to add the flexwatt heat tape to it and paint it. Some latches on the front so the tubs can't slide out. When it is all said and done it should run roughly 120 bucks.
With the price of wood and screws the price goes up fast.

Thom 04-10-2008 02:56 AM

I think just about everyone has seen the pics of Hawn's "condo".
It took me a little over a month to build and it cost me roughly 350.00 in materials. I dont really have it totally done yet and probably wont for anothe month or so because the doc told me I had to quit using the arm for awhile but when its all done I would say the cost to buy mine would be about $2500.00. Now the build time would normally be about 3 days but give me a break its tough to work with one arm tied behind your back!. ok ok ok maybe not tied behind my back but close! lol

Roy 04-10-2008 08:20 AM

I look forward to seeing those pix of the snake show Tmmpin.

tmmpin 04-10-2008 10:16 AM

I hope I don't forget my camera again, the last two I went to I meant to take pictures. I would lose my head if it wasn't attached.

dwg1211 04-10-2008 09:42 PM

I do HVAC for a living.. we have a sheet metal shop... you all just gave me a good idea for building a future enclosure.. I could make a giant box out of 24 guage sheet metal.. I could make all of the walls and floor at work and assemble everything at home.. with something like that, I could always break it back down and put it back together to move it or whatever.. I could rivet hinges for a plexiglass front... it would be moisture proof, retain heat, look great, and, above all, be escape proof... she never really tries, but just in case.. :wink: it wouldn't cost me much at all.. my boss can sell me about 3-4 sheets of 4'x8' metal, and I can use the break and the pittsburg machine to form all of the locks and joints.. like a giant piece of duct. 8)

lovesnuffles 04-11-2008 02:03 AM

That's actually a pretty good idea O.o

I'd like to construct something like a small jungle gym or hamster cage kind of thing ...

And like I said before, I could get someone to build it for me for Christmas or my birthday. You just don't know the connections I have D=

Annnnnd ... My step-dad works part-time in construction, so the wood would be no problem ;o Just have to get the glass :D

tmmpin 04-11-2008 10:09 AM

My only concern of the sheet metal cage would be heating. Metal seems to transfer heat real well. I would think it might end of with hot spots sort of like a heat rock.
I don't know a lot about metal but that is just what I am thinking. I would think that everything else would be alright though, metal walls and roof.