Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board (http://boatips.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://boatips.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Make your snake famous - Send us your favorite pics (http://boatips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1246)

NASAAN101 11-13-2009 04:04 AM

Tyler,
how long have you had her? or is it a he?
Nikki

TylerAlmighty 11-13-2009 08:04 AM

Its a he, and he is 3 months old ive had him for one month. He is 9 inches long so far, has never even thought about striking me, fun to handle. Best of all, he was cheap ;)

lovesnuffles 11-15-2009 10:52 PM

I don't think Koda is a normal. I think he's a flame kenyan. I saw some at the show today. They're yellow like that.

TylerAlmighty 11-17-2009 12:05 AM

Very possible.

Oh yeah and raptor, koda just wont eat F/T. Ill try pre-killing this weekend, but how should i do it? sounds like a brutal buisness o_O

raptor667 11-17-2009 12:28 AM

Tyler...slide your fingers around the neck of the mouse with one hand and make sure you can feel the bones in the skull and jaw. the grip the body with the other hand and give it a sharp tug with both hands and you should hear a crack as the neck breaks.

Or whack it over the back of the head with the handle of a screwdriver. Depending on how hard and where you hit it will determine that it's either brained of stunned.

Hopefully once you have changed over to prekilled you should have no probs going to frozen.

Lucid_Existence 11-17-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerAlmighty (Post 29731)
Very possible.

Oh yeah and raptor, koda just wont eat F/T. Ill try pre-killing this weekend, but how should i do it? sounds like a brutal buisness o_O

It doesn't take much to kill a rodent. I used to hit them in the head with some blunt object, but that can get bloody. Now I just hold them by the tail and slam them up against the walll, depending on how hard they hit, it will either stun them, knock them out, or kill them. I'm sure there are easier methods, but that's just what I do. My boa is spoiled and I hand feed her, so I try to avoid the mess of blood shed if I can.

Lucid_Existence 11-17-2009 12:39 AM

Yeah, I can't break their necks with my hands...
I wear thick leather gloves, and even so, I have a hard time holding them by the tail... Disgusting little creatures! And usually by the time I get them home and the snakes ready to eat, the damn vermin have already poo'd and urinated all over themselves.

TylerAlmighty 11-17-2009 01:56 AM

I dont think i could kill a pinky with any of those methods... I cant even kill a worm...

I think il just try F/T again and maybe thaw it out in a hot cup of water with chicken ramen noodle flavoring. i heard that works sometimes...

Mika85 05-09-2010 10:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
FINALLY got my snake lol took forever but i got him. His name is Marley

NASAAN101 05-10-2010 04:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Guys,
Those are my to kids, but there living with a friend Right now! Nicky is a 2-mouth old female and Micky is a year-old male! Let me know what you guys thing!
Nikki