Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board (http://boatips.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://boatips.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Make your snake famous - Send us your favorite pics (http://boatips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1246)

tmmpin 12-03-2008 09:41 PM

Great looking snake!

Roy 12-04-2008 05:20 AM

She's looking healthy too Doug, you're taking good care of her.

dwg1211 12-04-2008 01:03 PM

thanks, guys... it's really gratifying for me to see/know how well she's doing compared to when I got her.. (starving, neglected) .. I really want to make up for the cruelty she had to endure before.. it's amazing what a little care can do... I was reading a post, on another forum, where someone was in a pet store and saw a 17' Burm crammed in a 40 gallon aquarium.. with poop and old skin sheds.. :(.. can't stop thinking about that.. makes me so mad.. I said they should report them to the ASPCA or Humane Society.. people have no sympathy for snakes... it's just plain cruel.. for which there's no excuse.. it's one thing to keep an animal as a 'captive'.. it's another to torture it.. I think there's a special place in hell for people like that.. no conscience whatsoever..

Herpmonkey 12-04-2008 04:13 PM

Wow Doug Saffron sure is Beautiful...good job on taking care of her

dwg1211 12-04-2008 04:40 PM

thanks, Jaime!

lovesnuffles 12-05-2008 03:25 AM

Lol, Doug, looks like you're starting to have to strain to pick her up xD

Look at my beautiful girl!! She misses me, I can tell :D

dwg1211 12-05-2008 05:53 AM

I know!... I can barely get her out of her tank.. she's even heavier than she looks.. especially when she starts squirming to get down (like a little kid).. and suddenly getting longer.. I almost step on her tail, now.. I was cleaning her cage yesterday and lost her for a minute.. I put her on the ground and she got under the leaves... you'd be surprised how quickly a large snake can disappear.. I knew right where she was, but ended up frantically slinging leaves everywhere to find her.. (she must've been trying to escape to come find you.. ;))

lovesnuffles 12-05-2008 04:43 PM

Lol, that must have been it =O Haha, that reminds me of the first night I got Whiskey >.> I made him a makeshift hide and he went in it and I guess during the night he got cold and burrowed in the bedding. I was frantic, even though I knew where he was O.O

dwg1211 12-08-2008 05:15 PM

well.. I just cleaned Saffron's enclosure.. again.. 2nd time in a few days... wonder why they'll go weeks without messing, then want to go as soon as you clean the cage.. lol.. anyway.. she's growing!.. I took several measurements, which isn't easy.. she's somewhere between 8 1/2 and 9 feet long.. definately 6" + since her last measurement.. took her a while to start growing.. I guess since she was so neglected before I got her.. probably had to bank some bodyweight before she could grow.. she also weighs 33 lbs!.. she only weighed about 15 lbs. when I got her... if that.. and she just pooped and hasn't eaten.. she's creeping up on the 50 lb. limit for exotic pets (county ordinance)... gonna have to keep her 'under the radar'.. ;)

lovesnuffles 12-08-2008 05:45 PM

Lol, the girl's getting big =O Whewt! Can't wait til little Whiskey starts growing more <3

He's chomping down on a mouse right now n.n And he's no idea that it's got worm medicine in it =O So he'll be completely healthy :3 The vet gave it to me cause I told him I didn't trust my aunt with the wild lizards and stuff .... So he just laughed and gave it to me and told me to use it when I was "suspicious" or just once every 4-6 months otherwise :3

tmmpin 12-08-2008 06:10 PM

Doug, does your pet ordinance just go by weight? Down in Evansville they go by length. If the average of the snake species gets over 6 ft you have to have it registered. Which doesn't amount to anything, just another dollar for the city. Thank god I live outside of town and don't have to worry about all the things you can and can't do inside the city limits.

dwg1211 12-08-2008 07:15 PM

last time I checked... this stupid computer won't open a PDF now.. maybe you can.. it's here somewhere.. if you can, would you copy & paste it here for me?
http://www.co.union.nc.us/Portals/0/...l3_084-101.pdf

tmmpin 12-08-2008 09:13 PM

I looked at it twice and I can't find nothing on reptiles. That seem to be all about dogs and cats and their keepers.
I did learn that they can humanely kill your dog with a gun shot to the head.

rainbowgirl 12-09-2008 12:58 AM

4 Attachment(s)
We are doing good. Sasha just shed. Happy day!

lovesnuffles 12-09-2008 03:04 AM

Cuties!!!!!

Roy 12-09-2008 04:38 AM

Beautiful snakes Rainbowgirl

dwg1211 12-09-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmmpin (Post 13102)
I looked at it twice and I can't find nothing on reptiles. That seem to be all about dogs and cats and their keepers.
I did learn that they can humanely kill your dog with a gun shot to the head.

ok.. maybe I had the wrong link.. I found it one time... I don't think it specifically said 'reptiles'.. just 'exotics'.. I remember it saying the limit was 50 lbs... in fact, I think it said that if it was over 49 lbs. they could take it.. and I remember seeing that about the gun shot to the head.. lol!.. one time, there was a baby deer that was injured or something.. it was Chrismas Eve several years ago.. the neighbors called Animal Control after it crawled into a soybean field.. we walked out there with the guy and he just shot it in the face with a shotgun and left.. I even asked, 'shouldn't we at least have it checked out to see if it can be saved?'... he looked at me like I was stupid.. Merry friggin' Christmas!..

Darren25 12-27-2008 07:53 PM

Pastel BCI @ 7 months

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/r...7112008156.jpg

Pastel BCI @ 8months

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/r...5122008191.jpg

Caramel Motley Corn

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/r...2122008182.jpg

Crappy pics, but my N95 takes crap pics :p

Huge growth on the BCI in a month. Went from 2 foot to 3 foot.

Roy 12-28-2008 04:17 AM

Beautiful snakes mate!

Darren25 12-28-2008 01:27 PM

I'll try and get some better pics up. Well with the BCI lol the corn is too mental and doesn't stay still very long.

BCI is developing more colour with each shed. Yellow on top, with grey/pink down the flanks.

dwg1211 01-15-2009 12:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
here are a couple of more pics from the last time I took some.. still waiting for her to shed to get new ones..

DodoBird27 01-15-2009 01:03 AM

Dude I love your camera!! Its always so clear and bright! Or maybe Saffron is just shining with cuteness :)

frankywdmn 01-15-2009 01:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)
These are some pictures of my snake Sadie. I hope you like them!

dwg1211 01-15-2009 01:58 AM

Sadie always looks so comfy.. :)

...thanks, Dodo!.. it's a new camera.. nothing fancy.. 10mp Canon.. I like it.. it has a 6x optical zoom... I'm still learning it, though.. those pics were taken on 'auto' setting.. :rolleyes:.. her colors show up well in two of these.. but the body shot got washed out pretty badly by the sunlight.. she's always moving, too.. hard to hold focus.. gotta take ten pics to get one I like.. also, I had to reduce the megapixels (resize) to be able to post them as attachments.. the site limits the size.. maybe by the time this cold snap breaks she will have shed and I can get some more interesting pictures.. like Frank's.. instead of 'Saffron on Ground'.. or 'Me Holding Saffron'... :rolleyes:

raptor667 01-15-2009 10:38 PM

Nice pics you two....don't you like the way that all the good looking snakes are on this forum...:rolleyes:...not that I'm biased in any way...lol

Doug, try finding the cameras "burst" mode. It should allow you to take a whole series of pics in rapid succession, you can usually guarantee that you'll get one good one ( the joy of digital cameras...no more talking a picture and waiting for a few days to find out if it was a good one or if you just got the end of your finger...lol ).

Will post some new ones of Queenie when she finishes sulking......not going to bother her to much untill she starts eating again and becomes more active. Going to check inside her viv and see if she's got a mirror in there...not having her asking " does my belly look big around that mouse?"...lol

dwg1211 01-15-2009 11:28 PM

you're right, Raptor.. we don't have an ugly one in the bunch! :).. good idea for the pictures.. this camera doesn't have an actual 'burst' mode like my last one.. it took 16 pics in a second.. this one has a custom timer you can set to snap pics a second apart.. that should be good enough.. 16 frames per sec is about useless anyway.. for me.. I mean, that's what 'video mode' is for..this camera can print a video frame whereas the other one couldn't.. probably why it doesn't have 'burst'..

lovesnuffles 01-15-2009 11:38 PM

Lol Raptor xD This is where all the cool snakes hang 8)

Haha, Queenie's gotta watch her girlish figure. Like you said, so many good-looking snakes on this forum, she may have her eye on a nice young male ;D

frankywdmn 01-16-2009 01:44 AM

Yeah, this is without a doubt the best forum I've been to!

DodoBird27 01-16-2009 01:51 AM

I gotta agree with franky there, absolutely the best!

Roy 01-16-2009 06:35 AM

We're like a family on this forum, nobody is smothered by high flying ego's.

We just love our snakes!

tmmpin 01-16-2009 11:47 AM

Its great to see more people becoming regulars. No offense to the other regulars but we do need some additional views in our debates.

MainStick 01-16-2009 03:55 PM

Yeah, I'd like to see a doubling in regulars this year as continuing to grow the family here would be nice.

I'm making sure to put more shout-outs in my YouTube stuff this year. Can't Hurt.

dwg1211 01-16-2009 04:47 PM

yep.. the more the merrier... no room for swollen egos here.. I dabble on other forums, but I like the relaxed atmosphere in here... we can discuss anything, yet still address pet snake issues.. that's another great thing.. we're a 'pet snake' forum... not just a big 'breeders' forum.. pet snake owners get kinda lost or stepped on with those forums.. nothing wrong with breeding.. especially as a hobby.. I'm referring to the bigger commercial breeders that consider us 'small time', or 'insignificant'...

tmmpin 01-16-2009 09:04 PM

Kind of ironic to consider us small time or insignificant, being as we are the people who allow them to have their business.

Roy 01-16-2009 09:28 PM

All snake breeding here in Australia is small time back yard stuff. We don't have the big time breeders like you guys have.

dwg1211 01-16-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmmpin (Post 14689)
Kind of ironic to consider us small time or insignificant, being as we are the people who allow them to have their business.

very good point!

dwg1211 01-18-2009 10:11 AM

4 Attachment(s)
here's a quick 'now vs. then' post... these pics were taken a little over a year apart.. from fall of last year to just a few weeks ago..

DodoBird27 01-18-2009 04:01 PM

Haha, she almost looked small in one of those. How old is she? I have probably already asked that but I have a terrible memory so bear with me...

lovesnuffles 01-19-2009 10:57 PM

Haha, yeah, she looks real small in the third one o.o

saltydog 01-20-2009 01:26 AM

slickster

1 Attachment(s)
I think if he could hold the remote he would have more fun. But he seems to enjoy the ride. When I hit the remote he will go across the room to try to find it.