Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board (http://boatips.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://boatips.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   READ BEFORE POSTING - ANSWERS FOR YOUR SNAKE (http://boatips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1442)

dwg1211 03-11-2009 11:18 PM

yeah.. they say people think that it won't hurt so much on their butt.. but there are a lot of nerves that spread out from the base of the spinal column, so the lower back/butt area tend to hurt.. so I hear..

TonyB 10-18-2009 11:49 PM

My california king snake won't eat

I have had my california king snake for two weeks and he has a warm side and cool side of his tank.He has hiding places to go to and he still won't eat.

rainbowgirl 10-19-2009 11:46 PM

offer once a week on the same day and be patient. As long as he is drinking and not loosing weight he will be fine. A little more info like temps and age and such may be helpful as well.

SittingAbout 10-21-2009 08:27 AM

I really think it should be added to this thread that if your ball python is a picky eater it might be helpful to use some african frozen rats. Since balls are from africa the feeding instinct will really kick in. My snakes previous owner did everything to get him onto frozen food. He was shocked I managed to do it.

However african rats are more expensive. Before your bag is up get a bag of regular rats and rub the african ones on a few of them. Eventually your snake will eat frozen regular rats.

DennyS 11-07-2009 02:51 PM

I'll check into that...thanks! See... even us old dogs can learn!

SittingAbout 11-09-2009 01:46 AM

Yeah a guy at the show I went to recently told me about this trick. It's supposedly pretty fool proof!

raptor667 11-09-2009 03:19 AM

You can also use gerbils, also part of their natural food chain and easier to get hold off..........just don't mention it at the petshop..they look at you funny when you say that their display animals would look good inside your snake....:rolleyes:

SittingAbout 11-09-2009 05:36 AM

Actually that wouldn't be helpful since you can't just buy a frozen gerbil.

raptor667 11-09-2009 07:31 AM

Not sure about the U.S. but you can in the U.K. :p........but they do seem to have a "season", at some points of the year you can get them and at others everywhere seems to be completely barren of the little sods.:D

shaynethan 01-17-2010 11:15 PM

Hi I have two sand boas one is about 14in long and is doing great. The female is about 7in long and won't eat. We bought them from an individual and he assured us that they were both eating great. We have had her since last sunday and have tried feeding her on wed,fri and sat and sun. We have tried live pinkies dead pinkies and the latest we were told to cut the pinkie so that the snake would be attracted to the blood smell. Still no go. We were told by the pet store to try jump-start caloric supplement. this looks to be okay for lizards what about snakes. Please help