Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board (http://boatips.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://boatips.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Boa fact confirmed (http://boatips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14998)

Greg Nel 10-27-2011 08:03 AM

Boa fact confirmed

I can confirm that the Red-Tail Boa has 2 very distinct rows of teeth on the upper jaw and a single row on the lower. They also appear to have teeth all around the mouth including the front lip top and bottom and larger teeth at the bootom rear of the mouth. These astounding facts were established by personal experience. The ground-breaking discovery was made after not concentrating and noticing a very hungry and aggresive 6 foot female was lying right next to the water bowl i was changing. The grab was solid a feels like a large clamp being put on at 20 miles per hour. No cat scratch here.
Pictures to follow once National Geographic have finalised the documentary deal.

raptor667 10-27-2011 05:16 PM

oop's....lol

WiccanWolf88 10-28-2011 06:44 AM

Lol Greg! Yeah, I know Lucy has little ones; she has gotten me a few times and the third time, I could still see the puncture marks a day later. And there were a few of them, top and bottom. Lol.:rolleyes:

Greg Nel 10-28-2011 07:17 AM

I really have been elevated to celebrity status. My office is adamant the headache i had yesterday was due to the poison! Can not get through to them. The fact that i "survived" is a sign i am blessed. A huge reptile supply chain store in Durban sent me an email asking if i would be prepared to get bitten while they film it as they want to use the footage to dispel the view that constrictor bites are dangerous. Apparently the bite mark is one of the clearest they have seen as every tooth is visible. I think my boa is the star of this movie. I said with pleasure for a new heating pad and humidity meter. What i wont do for my snakes!

lovesnuffles 10-28-2011 09:23 PM

Rofl!! Well hey, what good is a snake bite if you can't show it off?! Unfortunately, all the good snake bites I've had were either on my knuckles, or on the back of my arm where you could barely see them ... So of course, what did I do? Held my arm back and said "HEY! Look what my snake did to me!!! :D" to everyone! Lol

NASAAN101 10-29-2011 03:12 AM

I saw that with pastel boy two!!!!! :)
Nikki

Greg Nel 10-30-2011 07:05 AM

I must be "lucky" all mine have been perfect shots. The celebrity one was absolutely perfect. Side of the back of my hand between little finger knuckle and wrist.

raptor667 10-30-2011 02:28 PM

Congrats on the new found fame.....or heating pad and humidity meter....lol.

Yep can also confirm the "third" or pterygoidal set of teeth ( the teeth used to walk the food back down the throat of a snake. ).

Milla is quite fond of biting me...not a problem at the moment as she cant draw blood but about 10 minutes later I get this little tooth pattern where I was bitten. She is getting better..... as I am getting bitten less and she is calming down nicely.

Greg Nel 10-31-2011 07:01 AM

Thanks for the fan mail. Being a celebrity can be a bit of a drag though with all the photo shoots etc. Its gets a bit tyring holding the tank while they take pictures of my snake. She really has let fame go to her head.

raptor667 10-31-2011 04:22 PM

Still waiting for the pix....