Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board (http://boatips.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://boatips.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Boa fact confirmed (http://boatips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14998)

Greg Nel 11-01-2011 07:10 AM

My computer literacy belongs in the 60's. My daughter is downloading tonight. Iam just not sure how to transfer to this site.

DodoBird27 11-03-2011 05:52 AM

It's easy to do it through photobucket.com Just make an account and then I'm pretty sure they tell you how to upload. Under each uploaded picture there are a bunch of links. You can use the IMG thumbnail on or the Direct Link one. I'm pretty sure. But yeah, we totally want to see those :D

raptor667 11-03-2011 12:33 PM

yep Photobucket is the way to go, under the pic you have four options the bottom one is [IMG] copy the whole line of info " [IMG] ....[IMG] " into the normal reply box on here.

It's one of those fun things.....it's easy when you know how....till then it's a pain....lol

DBG 11-05-2011 10:03 PM

Okay..you sparked my interest here...now I'm having 2nd thoughts...

How painful are these "bites"? How long do they normally stay attacked? do they let go quickly?

I've been told that if you get bit, best to go to the ER at the hospital.

WiccanWolf88 11-05-2011 11:07 PM

DBG-Lucy has gotten me a few times, but her little fangs are so tiny that there was a little blood and a few marks, but they pretty much sealed up right away and the marks went away like a day later. I just cleaned them up with peroxide and I was fine.

Greg Nel 11-09-2011 06:57 AM

Going to the the ER is strongly recommended if you bitten by a rattler, cotton mouth or similar. If bitten by your BP they may giggle. The bite is not painfull but more like a slap on the hand. Depending on the size you may bleed a bit. Trust me my 2 meter red-tail caught me solidly and apart from a huge fright i only had a perfect set of pricks to show for it. Washing the area with a decent antibiotic soap/ointment is advised. Our pets do carry bacteria on their teeth. I promise you the shock is the thing you will remember. The bite is over so quickly you will probably not even see it happen.

Thom 11-17-2011 01:07 PM

Okay, okay, okay.... let me make sure I have this straight.
They want you to let your snake bite you while they film it? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I have been told that seat belts save lives too but Im not going to put one on and drive into a brick wall to prove they do! lolol
You are right though... the things we will do for our snakes. smiling

Greg Nel 11-17-2011 05:56 PM

Yep Saturday is the big day. I am not big on driving into walls to test seatbelts either BUT .... I know its not severe and i am very keen to see the video as they can slow it down to something radical in frames per second. Their logic is her bite is a great size to shoot. Just hope we dont have to do a few takes! By the way for a new tank and stand they bringing a rattler for a nip. Only joking about the rattler. That would be a hit the wall without a seatbelt moment.

Thom 11-18-2011 01:28 AM

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm Greg? You are supposed to be showing people that you dont have to be crazy to love snakes! Not that you HAVE to be crazy to love snakes!!!! LOLOLOL
Just be real glad that its your snake that is biting you. By the sound of it the people that are doing this dont know a constrictor from a viper. lolol They would have probably brought in a diamond back thinking it was a strange pattern for boa. LOLOLOL
GOOD LUCK!

Greg Nel 11-18-2011 09:20 AM

I am having serious second thoughts! I was lucky last time. Now she is seeming to be unusually aggresive. The guys are doing a documentary as zoology students at our local university and working with the photography students. They swear its to show not all snakes are deadly.