Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board (http://boatips.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://boatips.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   First Clutch <3 (http://boatips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15123)

lovesnuffles 06-01-2012 10:51 PM

First Clutch <3

I got my very first snake clutch ever <3 The breeding was a normal bp to a Mojave bp. So far, I've got three viable eggs, no slugs. I think she might have more eggs in her, so I'm trying sooo hard to be patient :D But I'm very excited!!

And I also have a clutch due in 4-9 days from a dinker x fire breeding :) This dinker has supposedly made a leucistic baby before. The baby died shortly after hatching, but she's also got some weird colors and patterns going on with her, so we'll see what we get :)

DennyS 06-01-2012 10:54 PM

your a grandmother???

EXCELLENT!!! Your a grandmom.....ROFL. really .....GOOD JOB!:)

lovesnuffles 06-01-2012 10:57 PM

Thanks Denny :D I'm a grandma at 22 <3 I'm very happy :) I've been a bit bored lately and haven't had much to do, so I've been waiting and waiting on these eggs and they seemed like they were NEVER gonna come!! D:

Roy 06-07-2012 07:24 AM

That's great news Snuffles. I'd like to breed Spotted Pythons some day :D

lovesnuffles 06-08-2012 10:10 PM

Yes it is Roy :D Though the new mama is refusing to eat and I'm getting very worried at this point D: I'm gonna go buy her a gerbil today. See if she likes that enough to eat. Gotta feed her SOMETHING! But anyways, good luck with that Spotted Python breeding :D That means you gotta get more!!! Hope the little woman doesn't mind that n.n Hehehe

Roy 06-10-2012 11:03 PM

Thanks Snuffles. When I told her how much you can sell baby snakes for, she said she may be able to get past her snake phobia. :D

There was a guy at my work that was breeding snakes and he said that you need to incubate the egg when breeding in captivity. Apparently he nearly lost his first mother snake after the first batch he allowed to hatch naturally. She was so weak she couldn't eat. He had to inject her with vitamins to get her strength back. Of course an incubator won't work for Boas, as they give birth to live young.

frankywdmn 06-12-2012 07:58 AM

Congrats Snuffles! I saw you put this on Facebook, but I might as well say it here. I'm actually going to start breeding trans-pecos ratsnakes, for those of you who don't know. I have an axanthic male and female who is het for blonde, but they're too young to breed. But I'm going to buy a breeding pair from someone, if he will ever email me back!

lovesnuffles 06-14-2012 01:35 AM

That's awesome Franky :D

I'm afraid I'm going to lose my new mother :( She's not eating and she's very VERY thin ... I don't know when the last time she ate was. And I'm kinda scared I'm going to lose the eggs too because my incubator ****s ... I really need a reptile incubator ...

frankywdmn 06-14-2012 05:00 AM

That really stinks Snuffles. :(

DennyS 06-15-2012 06:33 PM

Balls do go off food every once in a while.. don't panic yet! Offer her live 1x a week! If she refuses just give the treat to someone else!!