Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board (http://boatips.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://boatips.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Show yourself (http://boatips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1651)

tmmpin 04-09-2008 10:22 PM

I'm just messing around, I am only 26. Life is too short to be serious all the time. God only knows I have to be serious at work everyday.

lovesnuffles 04-11-2008 01:46 PM

Yikes, I feel sorry for you. I don't like being serious D= I'm an 18 year old with the mind of an 8 year old o.o .... A slightly perverted 8 year old >.> ... Nevermind, that's just gross D= 8 year olds shouldn't know what that is. Ok ... 13 year olds are good ... :D

But you get the point >.> I like to act childishly and have fun D=

Soooo ... when I get a job as a roboticist .... I'm going to be fooling around everyday sending meh robot over to hit other peoples' robot :D And I'll be able to get away with it cause I'll be the boss >D

Everyday will be a battlebots match, I can see it now D=

But my job now is a cashier, so it's never serious work O.o My customers are always so fun <33 And my bosses are so awesome <33

Me being serious means there's been a death or I'm aggravated D=

sombadfish 04-11-2008 07:47 PM

hmmm its good to know im not the youngest one here, just turned 20 about 2 weeks ago. still working on my birthday bottle of Skyy.

bringing home a new baby iguana today, rescuing it i suppose. i'll post pics when i take them (its ugly as sin, all its skin fell off).

Roy 04-12-2008 04:00 AM

An ugly that only we can love, hey Badfish?
I'll have to get some pix up of my new lizards soon.

sombadfish 04-12-2008 04:59 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...h/P4030004.jpg

you dont even know... his toes are falling off. i was washing it today and a toe fell off... his back left foot will have no toes if it lives long enough to get bigger, half the toes on his back right foot dont have claws, his front left foot has no scales on it, his belly has no scales, its really very pitiful.

Roy 04-12-2008 11:58 AM

Poor little bloke. :(

lovesnuffles 04-12-2008 12:49 PM

OMG! What happened to that poor baby?!?! ToT

</3333

Did someone burn him?!

sombadfish 04-12-2008 05:08 PM

they just didnt take care of it, it had mites really really bad. they probably didnt have the right lighting or heat or even food for that matter. trust me it already looks better than it did when it was brought to the pet store. we all thought it was gonna die...

lovesnuffles 04-12-2008 08:21 PM

Poor baby ;.; I feel so sorry for him ;.;

But I wanna see pics when he's looking better. Do a before and after shot kinda thing >w<

Well ... in that picture he looks like he's been burned badly or something, but he still looks curious O.o That's good.

And I'm glad to hear he's doing better :D

mojo 04-23-2008 02:17 AM

hi im paymon and this is me and my new and first snake havn't named him yet though

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...e/Photo324.jpg

Roy 04-23-2008 08:55 AM

He's a fine looking snake Mojo. These are my snakes climbing the wall.
[img]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...kesonwall1.jpg[/img]

tmmpin 04-23-2008 10:23 AM

Great looking snake Mojo.

Roy, I love that picture. Every time I see I wonder if I could stick my balls to the wall. :twisted:

Roy 04-23-2008 01:09 PM

This guy at work told me that he saw an Eastern Brown (highly venomous) climb up the side of his shed. He said that he would not have believed it if he hadn't seen it, Eastern Browns are primely ground dwellers. :shock: So you can never underestimate what a snake is able to do.

mojo 04-23-2008 05:53 PM

that wall climbing is such a trip ... it just looks soo cool ... i cant wait till my snake (which i havnt been able to name) gets comfortable enough with me so i can take him out of the house a bit ... im always afraid hellrun away ...

raptor667 04-23-2008 07:22 PM

Top speed of a kingsnake is only 6-8 mph Maximum, just a little over a brisk walk. So as long as you keep your eye on him you would be fine taking him out for a walk. :D

mojo 04-23-2008 09:11 PM

all in due time I just got him on sunday so well see wat happens

Roy 04-24-2008 12:17 AM

When my snakes were baby hatchlings, my concern wasn't about them running away, I was more concerned about some of the native birds swooping down and making a meal out of my pets. :shock: Different story now though. :wink:

mojo 04-24-2008 05:56 AM

lol yeah ill probably take him out as soon as hes comfortable with me ... idk sometimes he seems okay but then trys to wonder off and i have soo much crap laying around in my room that he could be gone for days ... and idk at the same time i think i scared him a couple time cause he left a discharge on me that i hear they do that when scared i was just kinda bumbed but hell get to like me soon hopefully.

tmmpin 04-24-2008 12:00 PM

Discharge? You saying he pooped on you?
If thats it, consider yourself lucky. Its a good sign.

mojo 04-24-2008 03:35 PM

idk if it was poop or something else i read on this one site that if yu scare them some snakes will give off an oder and leave behind some slim plus he did it while he was trying to run away while he didit but either way its kool if he pooped then yay and if it was cause he was scared i handled him again last night and he had himself wraped around my wrist with no attempt to escape for a good hour

dwg1211 04-24-2008 08:58 PM

I always wanted a milk snake, but I did read where they tend to 'musk' on you a lot.. that's probably what happened.. sort of a defensive reaction.. maybe he'll chill out when he gets used to the routine of being handled... young snakes are extra defensive.. a survival thing.. or he may have just pooped on you.. :lol: one of my burm books says, 'nasty or nervous burmese have a knack for expelling copious amounts of urine and foul-smelling musk. Sometimes they may also defecate. So watch that tail and hold it in such a way that you don't get 'sprayed''.. :shock:

...you might want to heed that advice as well.. :wink:

mojo 04-25-2008 04:42 AM

its no biggie but when that happened i got the hintand put him back in his home ... ide much rather get it on my hand rather than my rug lol ... but being the curious dumby i am i sniffed it to see what it smeeled like ... it was seriously one of the MOST rancid things ive ever smelled lol i dont even know why i took a sniff ...

tmmpin 04-25-2008 10:03 AM

LOL, I love it when people talk about smelling something when they no they really don't want to.
Its like the nasty gym socks, somebody is going to smell them.

dwg1211 04-25-2008 10:16 AM

at least you didn't taste it.. :shock: lol!

Roy 04-25-2008 10:44 AM

Defecated rat/mouse............not good! :?

mojo 04-26-2008 07:49 PM

that was definately an experience i hope i wont go through again. lol.

mojo 04-26-2008 08:58 PM

but he did pee on me from what i understand and i made sure not to sniff that stuff lol

Roy 04-27-2008 03:39 AM

Pee on him and let him know how it feels. :lol:

No folks, don't pee on your snakes. Remember, not all advice is good advice. :?

mojo 04-27-2008 03:55 AM

its too late ive already givin him a taste of his own medicine ... jk ... i just think he doesnt like being out in the morning or mid daysish so hopefully no more poo or pee on me

dwg1211 04-27-2008 03:44 PM

Saffron's gaining weight.. she 'did her business' this morning, so I cleaned her enclosure and weighed/measured her.. she gains about 4 lbs a month.. (that's after she poops..).. she's gone from 16 lbs. to 20lbs. to, as of this morning, 24 lbs... so she's gained about 8 lbs. since switching to rabbits.. (3 months?) 8) .... not gaining much lengthwise.. it's hard to get exact, to the inch measurements because she's always moving as I'm measuring in segments down her spine.. but she's still right at 8' and still a sweetie.. here we are a few minutes ago.. like the new shirt? :lol:

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...1/DSC00121.jpg

raptor667 04-27-2008 03:51 PM

Love the shirt....

Saffron's looking well..............Bunny power...lol

mojo 04-27-2008 05:44 PM

saffron is soo beautiful ... wow ... how big do you think shell get?

dwg1211 04-27-2008 09:25 PM

around 15'... the books say that's about average for a female.. but 20'+ is possible.. we're in no hurry for that, though... I'm seeing her head and body getting thicker/bigger, but she had been 'stunted' by underfeeding for at least a year before I got her.. I think her growth rate is in 'catch-up' mode.. once she's the right weight for her size/age (which I think she is, now), I have a feeling we're gonna see her begin to lengthen at a pretty good clip.. 8) which reminds me.. time to put in an order for her food.. :roll:

mojo 04-27-2008 09:39 PM

wow she's going to get big then, maybe one day I'll be able to care for a snake like that.

sombadfish 04-28-2008 02:28 AM

lol im gonna stick with my ball and my igs :roll: they're a handful enough at the moment

mojo 04-28-2008 02:35 AM

yeah a lot of you guys have multiple pets, I only have this one snake, and I won't get another snake for like another ten to fifteen years.

Roy 04-28-2008 06:40 AM

They're like tattoos, they can get very addictive.

Looks like Saffron loves your shirt too Doug, she seems to be checking it out in the pic. :wink:

tmmpin 04-28-2008 01:31 PM

I started off with 1 and ended up with a total of 12.
I think snakes are actually more addictive then tattoos.
I only have 3 tats and I have had those 3 now for a couple of years.

Thom 04-28-2008 01:43 PM

Ok where did you get the T at doug? I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

lovesnuffles 04-28-2008 02:04 PM

Haha, love the shirt Doug xD And I love Saffron, as always <333 I want her D= And she does look like she's checking out your shirt xD But to me it's more of a "I'm way better looking than that snake" kinda look.

xD

I would never get a tattoo simply because I'm afraid of needles =/ But I do want my lip pierced ... I'll have to get drunk to get it done, though, because if I have my better sense about me, I'll never go through with it, but I REALLY want it!!! D=

I do know that once I move out of my house, I want to get more snakes =/ I just talked my mom into letting me get one not long ago and so I'm thinking maybe around next year, after she gets used to having a snake in the house, I'll see if I can trick her into letting me get another one. Besides, they'll only be in her house for about 4 years. Not very long and they won't get very big in that little bit of time. Especially not if they're corns, but I'd like to get a Rosy Boa next O.o But that still won't have enough time to get very big, so she won't be creeped out :D