View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

@arm, what are your temperatures like in her cage? If she'd been cold all that time and she's still unresponsive, I'd say she's still cold. Try warming her up some more. Keep an eye on her, but leave her alone for about a week, then try feeding her. Boas usually aren't picky when it comes to food, so that's the only thing I can think of as to why she wouldn't eat.

@jenny, no, if she was pregnant, she'd have laid eggs by now for sure. So that's not it. If she's still being active and shedding, I wouldn't worry too much. There's no cause for worry when a snake won't eat, unless it starts losing weight. Also, I fear you might want to check her for mites ... They're little black bugs that will be found under the belly scales, in the eyes and nose area and in the heat pits. If she's not eating, she's obviously not growing, so she shouldn't be shedding. Usually they will shed their skin to try to get rid of the mites.
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)
2.3 Red Tail Boa Constrictor (Pan, Andro, Whiskey, Brandy, Morgan)
3.7 Ball Python (Miles, Pudding, Jameson, Daiquiri, Mystery, Lemon Drop, Abita, Sambuca, Hypnotiq, Sin)
0.0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Shots)
0.1 Burmese Python (Gwen)