Thread: choking snake
View Single Post
  #6  
Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Greg Nel Greg Nel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mthatha, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Posts: 270
Default

Sorry to hear of your loss. Is there any way your snake could have come into contact with an exposed wire or part of any electrical accessory in your enclosure? These do not only burn but can electrocute and cause the heart or other organs to fail. The fact that she had drank water is highly unlikely the cause as she drinks small quantities and only as much as she needs. If she was really sick the probability that she would drink is also reduced. Being wet on the other hand could have increased the risk and seiousness of an electrical contact.
__________________
1.2 Red-tail boas (Castro + Cheeky + Sally)
1.1 Ball pythons (Pablo + Che')
0.1 Dumeril's boa (Alegra)
1.0 African Grey Parrot (Waxy)
1.3 Dogs (Marley, Jemma, Chelsea and Sasha)
Reply With Quote