View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 02:41 AM

Hey guys! I have a Columbian red-tailed boa named Lucy who has her very own unique personality. I've had her for a little over 4 years now. Fortunately she has never been sick, but I have had to deal with mites (hopefully never again). I'm pretty sure they came in from her bedding, so I just make sure to spray it with a lice/tick stuff from the pet store used for fur animals. If you spray it only on the bedding and NOT the reptile, and then just let it sit for a few minutes to air out, it's safe they told me. Been using it for awhile now and no issues.
I have her in a tank with the ceramic heaters on top (never really cared for the bottom/side stick heater pads). They didn't seem to keep it warm enough and I was worried about burns. I still have a problem trying to keep it moist enough in there for her though. Shedding can be a little of an issue, but she lets me help her with no problems. And she's on a pooping schedule, pretty much. I keep a little journal with just her information on it: feeding days; doctor number/address; pooping days; shedding days and how long; cage cleaning schedule. Also a few medical things to look for and different things I've tried/changed in her environment and her responses.
She likes to be held by pretty much anyone, except when she gets in her moods. Which she lets me know by blowing out her nose as if she is annoyed and moving away from me (kinda like if she had shoulders and pulled away, lol).