Go Back   Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board > Snakes > General

View Poll Results: Was this helpful?
No, I Didnt Use It 10 18.87%
Yes, Well Done 43 81.13%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2009, 03:01 PM
dwg1211

welcome!...

..no real difference.. a corn snake is just a Red Rat snake.. but a Black Rat snake wouldn't be considered a 'Corn snake'.. the name just refers to the color/markings.. maybe your snake just needs to adjust.. the strike/constrict instinct is a feeding response.. good sign.. it just may be a little too stressed to consume prey.. snakes can be that way.. do you know when it last ate?.. they don't have to eat as often as many people think.. they can actually go weeks, even months, without eating.. are you providing the proper requirements? (proper temperatures, humidity, hiding places, day/night cycles, etc.).. can you post pics of the snake and enclosure?.. I wouldn't advise keeping snakes together.. they are pretty much loner animals.. except at breeding time.. if you do house them together, I would be sure to know the sexes and keep males seperate.. I would also feed them in seperate/divided quarters.. they can smell prey, get confused, and end up eating the other snake.. hope this helps.. I'm a Burm owner myself, but there are many Corn snake owners here who can help you even more..

Last edited by dwg1211; 03-10-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:39 PM

Default pics

Thanks for your advice thats definitely very helpful. I know he ate the day that I picked him up about two weeks ago so it has not been to long. Here are pics of my baby and his house =) There is also an under tank heater on the side with his hide and water dish. He stays in my room so i always turn off his light when i go to bed at night. I handled him alot in the first week that i had him so maybe he is just stressed out. I ask about having two because there is a beautiful albino rat snake that i have had my eye on also. I am addicted haha. But i would house it separately because its a little bigger.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:28 AM
dwg1211

that's a good-looking snake!.. I like the colors/markings..
..nice ink, too.. real?
Old 03-11-2009, 04:45 AM

Default ..

Thanks! Yeah it's real. Aries =)
Old 03-11-2009, 04:48 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Whewt for Aries!! Power to the ram! >D Mwahahaha!! So did it hurt? I'm thinking about getting me one ... Be honest!! Don't be like "Oh no, it doesn't feel like anything at all!" Cause I know it does!!! Every guy I've talked to has said "It doesn't hurt at first, but then it starts to hurt after the first 30 minutes or so and keeps getting worse" But I've never got a girl's point of view ....

Gonna look like this:

http://www.extreme-temporary-tattoos...mages/d482.gif

But I'm SCARED! ;.;

Nice little corn snake by the way Real cutie! Bigger than mine But mine will grow!! As soon as the pet store gets some frigging mice in! D< What kind of pet store runs out of mice? Honestly!
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)
2.3 Red Tail Boa Constrictor (Pan, Andro, Whiskey, Brandy, Morgan)
3.7 Ball Python (Miles, Pudding, Jameson, Daiquiri, Mystery, Lemon Drop, Abita, Sambuca, Hypnotiq, Sin)
0.0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Shots)
0.1 Burmese Python (Gwen)

Last edited by lovesnuffles; 03-11-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:17 AM

Thats a good lookin corn! <3

I also am considering a tattoo, when I'm older of course, but I am a bit afraid about how bad it hurts... Thats a cool lookin one snuffles! I love the one you have too Supersnake
Old 03-11-2009, 10:03 AM
dwg1211

check out Roy's 'Tattoos' social group.. you should post a pic(s)there!

..that would be cool, Snuffles!.. tats do sting a bit.. depending on where you get one.. I only have the one on my shoulder, I got last year.. had it touched up just before the pic in the social group (you can barely make out the spots.. they've all faded/blended in now).. when someone asks me if it hurt, I just say it was about like standing on a tack for a couple of hours.. it hurts, but you kinda get used to it.. helps to chit-chat during the process... otherwise, it would get boring and you'd have nothing to think about but, 'damn.. this kinda ****s..'... lol... I really enjoyed getting mine.. thinking about getting something on the front of my other shoulder.. or forearm.. not quite sure yet.. I like the black work/tribal stuff.. doubt I'll mix styles..

Last edited by dwg1211; 03-11-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:45 PM

Default tattoos

that tattoo is hawt snuffles! where are u thinking of getting it? All my tattoos hurt like hell honestly. but dwg is right it really helps if you have ppl to talk to as a distraction. I also have a big nautical compass on my back and "carpe diem" on my ankle. all 3 hurt pretty much the same. the worst is when its almost done with and they go over some spots again to make sure they didn't miss anything. totally worth it in the end! this is a picture of the one on my ankle.. and my baby Jasper of corse!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

The only time my it hurt was when they were going over the top of the bones.
Like the panther I have on my shoulder it just felt like little shocks.
I am told that the bottom of the back is one of the worst places to get a tat.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Awww, Jasper is a cute name I'm not sure where I want to get it. Possibly on my thigh or my wrist ... I'd like to get it on my stomach around my belly button too .... Buuuuutt .... I'm scared!! D:
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)
2.3 Red Tail Boa Constrictor (Pan, Andro, Whiskey, Brandy, Morgan)
3.7 Ball Python (Miles, Pudding, Jameson, Daiquiri, Mystery, Lemon Drop, Abita, Sambuca, Hypnotiq, Sin)
0.0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Shots)
0.1 Burmese Python (Gwen)