Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Old 06-13-2011, 05:47 AM

I fed Bill, my Blond Spotted Python a meal that was too big for him once. He looked ill and distressed until I picked him up and he threw up all over me. That was totally discuss ting . He felt a lot better, but I smelt like regurgitated rat!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:50 PM

Ew Roy!
Were you the one who had a constipated snake the one time and it pooped all over you? Or was that someone else? LOL, if it was you, then you have been puked on, pooped on...and people say that they are different from a kid? LOL!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Smile

Care sheet 101.... we all seem to forget this sometimes or to mention it... when you bring home a new snake, put it in the enclosure and cover it! Leave it with only water and keep that fresh FOR A WEEK!!! Now since you fed it (and that's great that it ate) do not handle it until that lump is gone! You do not (trust me) want your snake to regurgitate! Not only is that foul smelling but it is disgusting to clean out and it could hurt the snake in the process. Your snake needs time to get accustomed to the new home... yes it is trying to escape and they are masters at escaping! Welcome and congrats!! Oh , by the way... digestion time is different in some Boas...albinos for example takes 3 times as long to digest and only eats every other to every third week! FYI
Old 06-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

http://www.sandboamorphs.blogspot.com My friend sells all types of Sand Boas. Check him out...GREAT PEOPLE!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Denny what's with the random sand boa link? Lol ... No one's talking about sand boas!! But yeah, those people are great. All their sands are sooo sweet and tame when they sell them too! And they're very nice. Or at least Mark is. I hadn't met Jennifer, she wasn't at the show. They're a bit overpriced though ... But I guess when you have the best sand boas around, you can afford to be ...
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)
2.3 Red Tail Boa Constrictor (Pan, Andro, Whiskey, Brandy, Morgan)
3.7 Ball Python (Miles, Pudding, Jameson, Daiquiri, Mystery, Lemon Drop, Abita, Sambuca, Hypnotiq, Sin)
0.0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Shots)
0.1 Burmese Python (Gwen)
Old 06-13-2011, 08:44 PM

Snuffles, lyndsy was asking about sand boas on page one of the thread.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Ah! I see now. I didn't see that earlier. In which case I support what Denny said. Like I said, they're expensive, but you'll be glad to pay the extra money for a good quality, tame snake. Most sand boas you find anywhere else are mean as hell
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)
3.7 Ball Python (Miles, Pudding, Jameson, Daiquiri, Mystery, Lemon Drop, Abita, Sambuca, Hypnotiq, Sin)
Old 06-14-2011, 04:30 AM

Aww, that's not true! I got Casper from LLLReptile, he was a very docile and friendly little dude. Unfortunately, he passed away last week though... I actually have yet to meet a KSB that is unfriendly, but I've only handled a handful of them I guess. But yeah, paying the extra money for a good snake is way worth it.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I'm sorry he passed away Do you know how or why?

Lol, I've gotten sand boas from all different sorts of people and breeders and their sand boa baby that I bought from them was the ONLY nice one. Grant it, she was also the only one to escape and never be found lol ... That was Amoretta :P But I've never held a nice sand boa until I found those people at a show. And literally ALL their sand boas are nice. Every single one. So it's awesome, no matter which one you get, you know you're getting a good one. Because all they do is sand boas, so they have more time to devote to them, unlike big name producers and distributers like Glades Herp, LLLReptile, etc that just don't have time to really examine and play with their snakes.
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)
Old 06-14-2011, 07:16 PM

Nope, not a clue. He had just spent a week on the bottom of his tank shedding and had finally surfaced again and looked all shiny and healthy and friendly. Picked him up to feed him and I was like wait...you're not moving!