Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Old 04-21-2010, 02:04 AM

i dont see any reason why you shouldnt, that is unless your snake is over 6 foot and at that point you shouldnt be handling it alone anyway
Old 04-21-2010, 03:25 AM

Guys,
Ball Pythons Top out at 5-feet max! so, i dont know why i cant as long as i let him be, right?
Nikki
Old 04-21-2010, 06:19 AM

srry i didnt kno we were talking about a ball python haha...yea you should hav no probs or better yet your friend wont hav any probs
Old 04-21-2010, 03:55 PM

guys,
This was for both of us! thanks guys!
Nikki
Old 02-05-2011, 12:47 AM

i found some water treatment stuff called reptisafe its supposed to add nutrients to the water and remove chlorine... we usually use filtered water through a brita pitcher then put the required drops in and the water is still clear... we even put it in the waterfall water to help prevent the pump from breaking down from mineral buildup
Old 02-11-2011, 03:01 AM

Default Clean Water

There is this pet store in town hat has had problems in the past with rades and such from the humane society. I will go there for Lucy's food because it's the only place in the area that is nearby. Anyway, whenever I go there, I know that I shouldn't go look at the reptiles, but I can't help it. And I am sad to see that they always have dirty water, if no water at all. It is very sad.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Pet stores like to use the "guilt" tactic to sell you animals. It's sick and wrong, but there's no stopping it except to have them shut down. When I bought my Whiskey, she was in the cage with a dirty water bowl and it wasn't very clean either. Well, I told the guy about it and he goes "Maybe you should buy it, then you could care for it how you want." I was appalled. Ah well, she's just lucky I wanted a bigger snake anyways :] Lol
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)
2.3 Red Tail Boa Constrictor (Pan, Andro, Whiskey, Brandy, Morgan)
3.7 Ball Python (Miles, Pudding, Jameson, Daiquiri, Mystery, Lemon Drop, Abita, Sambuca, Hypnotiq, Sin)
0.0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Shots)
0.1 Burmese Python (Gwen)
Old 07-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

dracomeister's comment on the if your snake is over 6ft then you don't handle them alone. This really only applies to heavy bodied snakes. A 6ft corn snake and a 6ft Boa are completely different in what they can do to you. But as a guide It's usually 1 person per meter of snake till you get to 4 meters....after 4 meters your dealing with an animal so strong that short of weaponry your stuffed if it puts the squeeze on you ( or bites you in the case of the king cobra )

As for the bath question....I would not get into a bath that I would consider the right temp for my snakes...it's to cold. Your looking at the most slightly cooler than you would bath a baby in and usually colder for non tropical snakes.....sorry to be a buzzkill Nikki.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Thumbs down

You should never get into the tub with your snake...Nikki I have told you that numerous times!! Some snakes do not like water and a stressed out snake is not something I would want to share a confined space with that has water associated with it...not to mention that puts possibly nasty germs "up close and personal" with some very private parts!!! THINK!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:44 PM

Denny, I discovered that for myself last year when it was ridiculously hot here. I had this little 3 foot tall by 6 foot across pool that was big enough just to lie in. Well, I thought Lucy would like to go swimming with me the one night (it was still like 90 degrees at midnight) and she totally freaked out and was breathing heavily; she struck at me and grabbed a little of my hair. I was like, "holy shit!" Yeah, that was NOT a very good idea on mommy's part. I was apologizing to her and finally got her calmed down enough to put here away. Man, that was a learning experience for me!