Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Old 01-31-2012, 02:58 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default How does this happen?

So my friend's snake that I was holding for her until she gets a cage ready, the sister to Daiquiri, ((Moonshine is what she's called)), somehow ((not sure how)) escaped from her feed box ... Now as if that isn't puzzling enough, she is also no where to be found in the house ... We checked behind the fridge, in the couch, in both the recliners, under the TV, in the fireplace, under the curio cabinets, under the stereo, behind the washer/dryer, in the laundry, in the bathrooms ... She is literally NO WHERE to be found ... How in the hell does a 4 foot ball python that's as big around as my arm just disappear into thin air? I could see if she was a tiny corn snake but man!!

I bet you $20 she'll be in the very last place I look!! :P
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)
2.3 Red Tail Boa Constrictor (Pan, Andro, Whiskey, Brandy, Morgan)
3.7 Ball Python (Miles, Pudding, Jameson, Daiquiri, Mystery, Lemon Drop, Abita, Sambuca, Hypnotiq, Sin)
0.0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Shots)
0.1 Burmese Python (Gwen)
Old 01-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Unhappy

Remember to look up on the closet bar and even on the hangers inside the clothes/jackets etc. She will be on the move once it gets dark! Good luck!!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:39 AM

Lets put it this way Snuggles..... If you do find her and keep looking in different places after that then we def know how she got out now dont we? LOLOL
JK Hope you find her soon and healthy

1 Albino Burmese Python ( Hawn )
1 Bull Terrier Boxer Mix ( Diego )
1 Columbian Redtail Boa
Old 01-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

LOL! Thom got my joke :P Haha

Denny, I don't really have any bars in my house ... The only place I would think she would be that's up high is on the mantle. But I've been looking high and low. She has seriously vanished!

I'm gonna look again this morning. Maybe she moved into a more obvious place during the night.
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)
3.7 Ball Python (Miles, Pudding, Jameson, Daiquiri, Mystery, Lemon Drop, Abita, Sambuca, Hypnotiq, Sin)
Old 01-31-2012, 02:33 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I meant like the rod you "hang" your clothes/jackets on... remembers THEY ARE CLIMBERS!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:57 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Lol, I know what you meant, but I don't really have any of those in the house except the bedrooms and she's not in any of the bedrooms. We've been keeping the doors shut at all times.
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)
Old 01-31-2012, 05:35 PM

Snuffles, even if the doors are closed, I would still check. then you can put some ind of mark on the door so you know that you checked in there.
Good luck!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:51 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

We did do a once over in all the bedrooms. But there's absolutely possitively NO WAY she can fit under the doors.
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)
Old 02-01-2012, 02:50 AM

I just wanted to let you know that there was one time when we were getting ready to move from Ohio to SC that I had to dismantle Hawn's habitat the day before we left so that it could be loaded properly on the truck. Well we didnt know what we were going to do with hawn cuz I dont EVER let her roam without MY personal supervision. We finally decided to put her in the downstairs bedroom closet since it was totally empty and the door gap at the bottom of the door was only 1/4". Yes thats right 1/4". Now Hawn was about 9 feet long at the time and pretty big around. There is noway that a snake that large is going to get out of a 1/4" gap, right? WRONG! lol My daughter and her husband were spending the night at our house to help us out the next day and they just happen to sleep in the bedroom where we had Hawn in the closet. Well my daughter shouts up to me in the middle of the night that hawn was out. so O got out of bed and sure enough she was completely out of the closet except for about 3 or 4 inches of her tail still under the door. Soooooooooooooooooooooo just to let you know this is the rule I live by..... ALL snakes are houdini! If there is enough room for me to put my little finger in it then its big enough for the snakes to get out.
Just wanted to share that little tidbit to reminad everyone that if they try hard enough they will figure out a way to escape. Again good luck in finding her safe and healthy

1 Albino Burmese Python ( Hawn )
1 Bull Terrier Boxer Mix ( Diego )
1 Columbian Redtail Boa
Old 02-01-2012, 05:16 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Well that's crazy o.o ... And explains how she got out of her food box ...
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)