Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Go Back   Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board > Snakes > General

Old 04-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

I heard about those snake that get out and get jobs, now can I get my kids out of the house?? :twisted:
Old 04-19-2008, 03:58 PM
dwg1211

Saffron is about to have the last rabbit in the freezer... www.hare-today.com hasn't had any for a long time, although their site says they do, there's no where to order them on their site.. :?
rodentpro.com want's $239 dollars to ship 6 rabbits! :shock: I emailed them and told them they're 'outta their damn minds'... anybody know about any good suppliers? I've been googling all morning and what I'm able to find have nothing to click on or 'add to cart'... may have to go back to jumbo rats (will have to feed 2-3 at a time.. not good for digestion and twice as expensive as rabbits when considering cost per pound) here are some new ones of the girl..

Old 04-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Your little girl is growing up fast. Still very pretty though and I don't think that will change.

If you can't get Wabbits have you thought of Chickens...they are a natural food item for a burmese and as such may tide her over till it's 'wabbit season' again.

Best of luck in finding a supplier for Saffron's dinner, I'm sure you'll find one. :wink:
Old 04-19-2008, 10:33 PM

OMG!!!
She looks twice as big as before!
I can't believe that she's grown so much!
Have you been sticking to the wabbits or are you feeding her the neighbors small children?
What is she like 10-11 feet now?

1 Ball Python ~ Izzie Monster
1 Red Blood Sumatran Python ~ Knuckles Xcalibur

SMU Grad! ~Biology & Chemistry
Baylor College of Dentistry! ~D.D.S.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:57 PM

Doug, what is your address... My neighbors little pocket dog hasn't stopped barking since thursday.... only slightly kidding.

Christy has it right... wow, she's getting huge and the colors on her are just fantastic.

07 Ball Python - Lucky
08 Jaguar Carpet Python - Inara
1.1 08 Woma Pythons (The Hulk & Elektra)
09 Citrus Tiger Carpet Python - Mal
Old 04-19-2008, 11:20 PM
dwg1211

she thanks y'all for the nice comments.. 8) I haven't measured her lately, but I know her weight's coming up.. now that warm weather is here and I can have her out more, I think she'll have a growth spurt.. I brought her home back in November.. it's taken this long to get her to this point since she had been so underfed for so long before.. and not handled or anything... :evil: good idea, Christy.. soon I'll bump her up from wabbits to toddlers.. :wink: .... or neighbors' yappy dogs.. :lol: yeah, Main.. her colors are really poppin' since her recent shed.. can't resist taking pictures when she's like this.. thanks!
Old 04-20-2008, 02:26 AM

When you find another good supplier for the rabbits let me know PLEASE!!!!!!! Hawn is upto the largest rats we can find in the city each week. I want to switch her to rabbits but I cant find anything either.
Oh and by the way..... she is at it again. She is really starting to act a bit pissy at everyone. I had to clean her "condo" out yesterday (which I do every Sat usually) and she was even hissing at me while I was putting her back in the habitat from the tank after I got the habitat cleaned out. As soon as I open the door on her habitat she gets over to it very fast.
I cant imagine her acting like this when she is full grown. What can I do?

1 Albino Burmese Python ( Hawn )
1 Bull Terrier Boxer Mix ( Diego )
1 Columbian Redtail Boa
Old 04-20-2008, 05:04 AM

I don't know Thom, it's not good that she's cranky again, but a hiss isn't always a cranky sign. Sometimes when I put my snakes down for a walk (sorry, slither) they slither off an let out small hisses as they go off to explore. :?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Here is one link I found, not sure if its much help to your rabbit problem or not.
http://www.americanrodent.com/rats.html

After just a couple minutes doing a search I came up with this one.
http://www.prma.org/breeder_rabbits.htm

I hope this helps.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:12 PM
dwg1211

man! that first link has super jumbo rats for $3.50 each! (regular jumbos at the pet store are almost $10 each) and free shipping!... who knew?! gotta order a $100 minimum, though.. let's see.. that's about 30 rats.. at about 4 (only $14!) per month, that should last 7 1/2 months! thanks, tmmpin!