Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Old 05-15-2011, 05:35 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default On the road to recovery ...

So tonight I finally got to move my little snakes to my mom's house with me They're not in their racks yet lol. They're just kinda chilling on the floor in their travel containers ... But it's past midnight and I'll set them all up in there tomorrow. I don't feel like it now lol. I pretty much have all of my reptiles here now except Whiskey, Brandy, Sangria and the lizards, which is a wonderful thing to me, though I wish they were ALL here with me. But I looked them over and none of the little snakes appear to have caught the mites, which is a blessing, but I'm still going to treat them anyways, just to be on the safe side!!

I've decided that those little sand boas that I can't seem to get rid of, Kahlua and the two Saharan sands, I'm going to just take to the reptile show next month and see if someone will buy them outright or at the very LEAST trade them for an albino boa Lol, I figure since I still haven't found Sally, I may as well upgrade to an albino lol.

Other than that, I'm ordering a new custom rack from the local cabinet maker in LARK and that'll be big enough to put my big boas in, so I'm waiting on that to move Whiskey, Brandy and Sangria over here, and I'm debating on if I want to get rid of ALL my sand boas, meaning Jaeger and Alize as well, or just stick with the original plan of Kahlua, Tequila and Bourbon .... Not sure, what do you guys think?
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)
2.3 Red Tail Boa Constrictor (Pan, Andro, Whiskey, Brandy, Morgan)
3.7 Ball Python (Miles, Pudding, Jameson, Daiquiri, Mystery, Lemon Drop, Abita, Sambuca, Hypnotiq, Sin)
0.0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Shots)
0.1 Burmese Python (Gwen)
Old 05-15-2011, 06:13 AM

Definitely treat for mites, because you have the WORST mite luck I have ever seen lol.
As for the sand boas, I've completely lost track of how many you have and who's who, so I don't know what you should get rid of lol. Why are you getting rid of them?
Old 05-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Lol Dodo, I know D: And the mites couldn't have come at a worse time either. It seems like everyone is throwing it in my face like "We're not gonna help you. You should get rid of all those snakes. Maybe they'll all die and that'll teach you a lesson. You don't need snakes with babies." They all know I can't pick up the cages. I literally broke down and cried, too, when I saw that Whiskey had mites again. She was the only one who hadn't caught them and I was feeling good about that ... Then I looked last time I went to check on them and she was eaten alive with them. It broke my heart

I'm getting rid of them because I can't fit all the cages at mom's house and so all the snakes are getting moved to racks, but the sand boas can't fit in the rack with all my other snakes as well and I'm NOT getting rid of my other snakes!! I love them too much!! D: But with all five sand boas ... That's $550 worth of snake .... I could trade all five of them for a really nice ball python or boa if I can't sell them outright. That would leave me with 9 snakes if I traded them for one snake or 8 snakes if I sold them outright. I'd honestly rather sell them outright because the money would come in handy with the babies ... I could buy their crib bedding. But if I can't do that, then trading might be my only option, since I don't have a place to keep them all.
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)
3.7 Ball Python (Miles, Pudding, Jameson, Daiquiri, Mystery, Lemon Drop, Abita, Sambuca, Hypnotiq, Sin)

Last edited by lovesnuffles; 05-15-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:14 PM

Girl!
Don't worry! i got that with my real-dad two! Now that Jerry Home, from the Hospital, I cant take them down to watch TV with me any more!!!! Pastel boy is getting ready to shed!!! his eye are blue!!!
Nikki
Old 05-15-2011, 04:46 PM

Ooh be careful snuffles, those big bad KSBs might eat your babies. >.< That's kind of messed up that they won't help you. After all this time you have kept snakes, they still don't understand that snakes won't eat little people? They been watching to many movies. Dang. Tell them if they don't help you will release your snakes on them. Well, if it means anything, I would totally come help you kick mite ass and move the cages (and probably steal some inhabitants) if I didn't live on the other side of the country.

I think getting rid of all of the KSBs seems like the better idea then. If there's not much room and you need the money...

Last edited by DodoBird27; 05-15-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Yeah, cause I definitely could not BEAR getting rid of the redtails! Any of them!! Or Skyy. She's earned her place with me. And the rosies have DEFINITELY gotta stay!! I love them all too much!! Even if my female Rosy did try to snap at me last night and she's got the weirdest way of "teaching me a lesson." .... She doesn't strike. She just opens her jaw at me a lot like she wants to bite me, but can't find me lmao! She's never done that before. The male is still sweet as can be though, but took me by surprise when he was eating last night.

Lol, if you came help me, you wouldn't have to steal any inhabitants :P Not sand boa inhabitants anyways. I'd give those to you XD You go near the others though, and I'll train them all to eat Jenna's hand!! >!! But yeah, it does seem like they would have learned by now. But my family is stupid and hard headed and they have to contradict EVERYTHING. Like the name Kiana I have picked out for if one of my babies is a girl. EVERYONE except me, my mom, my aunt and of course Kyle hates that name. Everyone. I think it's an adorable name. They're all like "No! You ought to name her something cuter!! Don't call her Kiana! That's a stupid name!" And I tell them "Well so is Suzanne and Deneen, and if you don't like it, then you can just go have your own baby and name her whatever YOU want. She's mine and I'm naming her what I want, got it?" What kills me most is that the ones that complain about the snakes and the names and pretty much everything else in my life are the ones that we never even see except for maybe one holiday a year!!
............| |
..........._\_\____
..........(________)__
.........(____________)