Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Go Back   Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board > Snakes > General

Old 03-17-2008, 10:25 PM
dwg1211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy
Hey Doug, "EUREKA" is a very Aussie word to use. If you want to know the history of it then click on to this site.

http://www.ballarat.com/eurekastockade.htm
very cool, Roy.. never knew that.. learn something new everyday. 8)

I was just using it as 'aha!' ..lol here's a common definition (the only one I knew before now): expressing triumph: used to express delight on finding, discovering, or solving something, or on finally succeeding in doing something
I rolled back the rug and eureka - there it was!

[Early 17th century. < Greek heurēka "I have found (it)" < heuriskein "to find," supposedly exclaimed by Archimedes when he discovered the principle of water displacement]

now that I know it's an Aussie word, I'm gonna start saying it with an Australian accent... like 'croykie' (for 'crikey').. how 'bout this: 'YOURAIKA!' :lol: (did I sound like Croc' Dundee?? )
Old 03-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

LOL, Dundee, "Thats not a knife, this is a knife!". My favorite line in the first one.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:22 PM
dwg1211

yeah.. great movie!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwg1211
20 lbs. isn't really that heavy.. a little awkward when it's a snake, though.. 8) .. she isn't very high up.. about 4-5 feet.. I was probably down on my knee taking the pic, for effect.. thanks for the compliment.. she'll need an enclosure that can fit a tree before too long.. lol
Ok now it makes sense. For a minute there it looks like she is much higher than that. Yeah you will probably need an enclosure big enough for a tree......or at least a bush

1 Lemon Pastel Ball Python (Le'Mon)
Old 03-19-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwg1211
very cool, Roy.. never knew that.. learn something new everyday. 8)

I was just using it as 'aha!' ..lol here's a common definition (the only one I knew before now): expressing triumph: used to express delight on finding, discovering, or solving something, or on finally succeeding in doing something
I rolled back the rug and eureka - there it was!

[Early 17th century. < Greek heurēka "I have found (it)" < heuriskein "to find," supposedly exclaimed by Archimedes when he discovered the principle of water displacement]

now that I know it's an Aussie word, I'm gonna start saying it with an Australian accent... like 'croykie' (for 'crikey').. how 'bout this: 'YOURAIKA!' :lol: (did I sound like Croc' Dundee?? )
As I said before, "very educational forum our Boatips"
Cool new avtar too Doug. :wink:
Old 03-19-2008, 09:10 PM
dwg1211

yes.. educational it is... 8) ...thanks (the avatar), I like to switch it up a bit from time to time.. they only let you use a pic up to a certain size, so I didn't have much choice.. then I figured out that I could right-click on the image, in My Pictures, that comes up when it's 'generating preview'.. I can save that image and it fits.. :? there's probably a more correct way to do it, but it works for me..
Old 03-20-2008, 03:46 AM

Boa shedding

Ozzy and Lizzy (she's new)

Boa after she got done shedding

New California King snake (had her for two weeks now)

Old 03-20-2008, 08:07 AM

Hey Doug, what I figured out with the avatar was to get the image that you want on the screen and click on to "image" then "resize" and reduce it to the size that works and save it. But there is always more than one way to do things with these computers, so I guess it's what ever floats your boat!

Hey Twitch, don't you love a freshly shed snake. You really see them in they're full colour. Love the California King.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:06 AM
dwg1211

the boatips education continues.. 8) thanks Roy!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Beautiful snakes you got Twitch. The sheds in the perch there looks pretty cool, all of my snakes like to ball their sheds up.