Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Go Back   Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board > Snakes > General

Old 04-28-2011, 08:29 PM

Default Finding a snake with a thermal device?

Would it be possible to find my lost snake with a thermal device? I know snakes are coldblooded so I don't know if he would just blend in with his surroundings or not. I lost him in my apartment and I'm pretty sure he's in the space between my floor and the ceiling on the floor below. But I don't want to spend all my available time waiting to trap him in my apartment if he's somewhere on the floor below. I don't know what I'm going to do if he IS in the floor though... It would just be nice to know he's alive...

Oh I'm moving out of my apartment in three days, that's why I need to figure this out soon. Anyone with advice/help please let me know!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

He could be in you couch (turn it over) or under the sink. They will go anywhere to be hidden! They like the warn water pipe under the sink a lot. Good Luck!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:06 PM

I lost my Blond Spotted Python once and found him under the fridge. He was covered in cob webs and was enjoying the warmth of the fridge motor. If it is cold where you are, as DennyS suggested, they will seek the warmer places.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:15 AM

I live in a very small apartment (two rooms). I don't have a couch and I checked under the fridge cause I heard before that they liked that. My best guess is that he got in the floor. If he's anywhere in these two rooms I'll find him tomorrow though... everything is getting moved out....
Old 04-29-2011, 06:40 PM

I hope you find him. Good luck!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

look at the top of the drapes/curtains, under table top, in a suitcase, clothes basket, if you have large plant in container look there too... Best of luck. You may find that he moves with you!