Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Old 12-05-2011, 10:42 PM

Default Odd Behavior

Okay guys, Lucy's behavior recently has got me stumped, though I'm not too worried yet.
I cleaned her cage last Sunday. Since then, she has avoided her little house pretty much all the time. Now, her house is on the side of the tank with her day heat lamp on. So, I was thinking maybe she was too hot or something was smelly to her over there. So I took a look around and even sprayed her little tree hideaway with water thinking there might have been a bad smell/taste to her on it. No luck.
She sits on the other side of her tank with the night red lamp on (only at night) so the days she is over there with no heat on. She sits mostly curled up in the corner hiding under her trees or sits on the tree branches near there. But, she seems like she is moving fine and I took her out on Sun to feed her and she seemed fine.
It's just weird to me that she took so long to discover this spot and it is not really heated for her to be content there. I don't know. Like I said, I'm not too worried, but when there is a change in behavior, it's noticeable. I'm sure everyone has noticed weird behavior from their babies...
Has anyone come across something like this? Just curious and looking for support...
Old 12-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Question

Nothing other than a quirk that might be associated with breeding season... Did you by chance clean using a detergent that might have left an odor??
Old 12-07-2011, 04:06 AM

I used my usual Wipe Out cleaning solution. But I also took her out to feed her and wiped down the side again with water to clean any access off. I checked in on her this morning, and she was back in her usual little hidey hole! I'm thinking, "Lucy...what are you up to?" LOL. A quirk.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:23 AM

Hmm...PMS?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:07 PM

DBG-
It COULD be! LOL...she seems fine now.