Pet Snake Forum And Discussion Board

Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 PM

Default I'm back and with some questions

Hey guys, sorry its been quite a while. But I have a question. Yesterday I went to the White plains expo in new york. I picked up some food for the snakes and the crested, but while I was there I also picked up a baby green tree python! Now I have been doing research on them now the only issue is I didnt expect to get such a small one, so the 12x12x18 i had set up seems to big. So I put it in a shoebox tub I had that I put perches in, a water bowl, and a fake vine and i have a heat mat on the bottom of the outside of the tub with the thermostat probe on it.
Now here lies the issue, i had bought a CHE for the 12x12x18. Now I have the temperature inside over the heat mat under tub to be on average 86 degrees that varies up and and down 2 degress. The heat mat is a small 4watt uth and I do not think it will get the ambient air temperature to be the proper degree.
I also have a regular 10 gallon that is not in use. Should i leave the gtp in the shoebox and go buy a higher watt uth and try to put it on the side of the shoebox or move it to the 12x12x18 or the 10 gallon? With the 10 gallon or the 12x12x18 ill be using the Che plugged into the thermostat.
Edit- i was told on another forum to try putting the shoebox in the 10 gallon and use the che to heat the air in the 10 gallon. Also some pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1300.jpg (92.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1303.jpg (89.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by dino221; 01-08-2013 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Pics
Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 AM

**sorry for double post**
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1305.jpg (97.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 PM

Gorgeous GTP, I also would recommend putting the show box in the 10 gallan, this should work wonderfully for you. I had to do this same thing when i got my Jungle carpet python, she was only 3 weeks old when i got her, so tiny back then. and it worked like a charm, Putting the sweater box in the 10 gallon, i was able to keep the humidity up there as well. good luck, she sure is a good looking snake.
spotted python[Lew]
woma[Toby]
male normal ball python[Jiggs]
female pastel ball python[chloe]
Diamondback water snake[Jayda]
sand boa[spooky]
western hognose[Java]
bearded dragon[Be Be]
super tiger dwarf retic[Zander]
albino Ball Python [Jasmine] AKA, Jazzy
western hognose[Josie]
Old 01-13-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lihed View Post
Gorgeous GTP, I also would recommend putting the show box in the 10 gallan, this should work wonderfully for you. I had to do this same thing when i got my Jungle carpet python, she was only 3 weeks old when i got her, so tiny back then. and it worked like a charm, Putting the sweater box in the 10 gallon, i was able to keep the humidity up there as well. good luck, she sure is a good looking snake.
Thanks, I love those first two pictures. I opted to just put it straight into the 12x12x18, I got a vine in there, pvc perches, as well as some coat hanger pieces. Ill be buying more vines tomorrow to make it more full with more hiding. I also have a humidifier that has a pvc pipe on top of it leading to the tank to keep the humidity up. Ill post some more pics once I get all the vines into it.